Monday, June 19, 2006

A Two-fer day

I just got a call from my hubby. His brother just got his date for returning to Iraq. Country Boy isn't one to just drop it all on the table, but I know this is a hard thing for him. The BIL has already been to Iraq once, three years ago. We all cried and were scared for them and prayed for them every day.

This time is harder though (I think) for my CB. I think BIL is a seargeant in the Army now. I'm not certain, but I do know that he's in charge of four or five kids (18 & 19 year olds) that will be going over there too.

BIL's Achilles tendon is ripped, but he is insistant on going because he doesn't want to let his men down. And while I understand it, it doesn't make it any easier.

Also, CB & BIL haven't been on the best terms for quite some time. BIL is a year younger than me, but he's still got a hell of a lot of growing up to do. Sometimes war does that for people. And sometimes they don't come back to their families.

I guess that's what scares me the most. I know he's a smart man. I know he's good at what he does. But the thought of trying to tell my kids that their uncle was killed in a war just kills me inside.

So BIL leaves Saturday. Please pray for him and all the other troops that are over there fighting right now. Pray that they will ALL come home safely to their families.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Of course I will pray for him. A WI troop just went out for their second year long trip also.