Friday, September 08, 2006

Hobb-knobbing with the future Rich & Famous.

Today my interweb friend Superstar is trying out for American Idol just two short hours away from me. If I didn't have all these stupid responsibilities, I'd be up there with her. But I'm forced to live vicariously through her experiences. I'm so excited for her! Because I've heard her sing and she is phenomonal! And it wasn't even a professional recording and she rocked. So won't you all take a second to go over to Superstar her blog and wish her luck? I've insisted on being put on her cell phone and I have mine sitting right next to me, so I'll post any updates as soon as I get them.

It's cool to know someone who's going to be brushing up with The Three from AI. After all, Paula Abdul was the first concert that I went to by choice. I was 12 and it was the "Under My Spell" tour. I was so excited when I got the tickets (for my birthday) that I screamed at the top of my lungs and ran around my house. I can even remember what I wore. I wanted to look "older", so I borrowed one of my mom's shirts. It was a red turtle neck with black polka-dots all over it and HUGE shoulder pads. Add in the black leggings and I was HOTT. Yeah. I was also a casualty of the late 80's/early 90's fashion craze that was polka-dots and shoulder pads. And mall bangs.

And I'm just going to stop talking now because I'm feeling extremely old.

But I will say that Diva had a fantabulous day at Kindergarten. A few of her friends are in her class, so super bonus! I was proud of myself because I didn't even cry today. I did, however, piss her off because I wouldn't let her walk to class all by herself.

I'm just not ready for that yet.

No comments: