Wednesday, June 13, 2007

No More Drama

I do not want to be the peacekeeper anymore.

I do not want my family to all call me after they have a blowout.

I want my parents back on speaking terms.

I don’t want to be the mature one anymore.

I want my dad to realize he’s slowly pushing everyone away because he cannot keep his mouth shut.

I want my brother to grow up and be responsible.

I want someone in my family to care about what they’re doing to ME and MY FAMILY instead of their own drama for five freaking minutes.

I want to rewind time to two years ago before all this crap happened and tell them all to grow up and get marriage counseling.

I want my husband to be more understanding when I need to vent about this stuff (I know he will be tonight and will apologize for the way he was this afternoon, but I still wish he would just GET it and take two minutes when I need him.)

But most of all, I want my real dad, the one that’s in California. I want to be able to curl up next to him and just cry. I want him to stroke my hair and tell me that everything will be fine. I want him to be able to be the dad that he wanted to be and can be now, except for the fact that he’s 2,000 miles away.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to send you virtual hugs. And lots of good thoughts!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Oh, man. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Trite but true.
And I wish you could get that comfort from your real father.
*sending good thoughts your way*

Molly said...

I think the older our parents get, the more they revert to childish ways. I have had to be the marriage counselor for my parents and the childish things they come out with are ridiculous. But it does suck when you are in the middle of it so I hope it all gets better soon for you.

Big Hugsx

Anonymous said...

Oooh, girl...I feel your pain. Families can be so painful. My mom is getting ready to remarry, and all of a sudden can't be near my real dad when they've gotten along for 20 years after their divorce. I hope things work out, and I"m sending good thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

Oh hun! I am so sorry. You wanna come live with me for a while? We are talking about Cali, beautiful sunny beaches, seriously rediculus outfits, sexy people......Got your attention yet?

Glamorous Redneck said...

Mommy the Maid--Thanks!

Jennifer-Thanks you to too!

Molly-I agree, which is scary because my parents aren't old by any stretch of the imagination (46 & 48), so it's depressing to think that it only gets worse.

Baseball Mom-I hope everything works out again with your parents too!

Mistress M - I would love to be able to take you up on that offer! I miss my Cali on days like this!