Thursday, April 12, 2007

She's baaaa-aaack!

SO it’s been just over a month since I last posted, and I was debating whether or not to even do this again. Do I want to get back into the blogging thing? I guess I never *really* stopped because I was still checking all the blogs over ----> there. I just don’t have anything of importance to write about. There is not much of interest going on in the casa de Glamorous. We’ve been filling our time with dance practices, school informances (basically a spring concert, but only your kid’s grade. So instead of going to one thing for three hours to see your kid sing for two minutes, you have to go to two things to listen to your kid and his/her classmates sing, dance, and play xylophones for a good half hour. Still not sure if I like this or not.), and drooling over my rockstar of a husband. He made his debut two weeks ago at church and he’s all over it now. Next he wants to tackle the lead guitar. And then I will pass out and die because holy Hannah, I am married to a flipping GUITARIST!

I found out that I have an under-active thyroid, so I’ve been on drugs for that, which—hello!—I didn’t realize I needed because everyone kept telling me it’s normal to feel as tired as I did with two kids. I thought they were foolish because yes, when you have two kids under the age of two it is entirely acceptable to be totally and utterly exhausted all the time. But when they are almost 8(!) and 6(!), there is no excuse for needing 10 hours of sleep each night. I was also unaware of the whole “cranky” kick I’d been on, until I read the symptoms to CB and he was like “Uh, yeah. Ya think?” OK, so maybe I’ve been a little on edge. But! The drugs! Are good! They make a less cranky/tired/puffy Glamorous Redneck. In fact, I wish I’d known about this 6 months ago when I started not fitting into my jeans (which are now falling off! Huzzah!). I might not have committed to trying to train with overactive friends that are going to run a half marathon. Of which I participated in two days of their training before I was like “Now I remember why I hate running. So good luck with that. I’ll cheer for you on the sidelines!” Because I hate the whole “exercise” thing. I don’t do well with “sweating” or “achy legs” or any of those sorts of things. Unless it’s fun, which is why I love dancing so much.

Also on a slightly interesting note, The Ex may be coming back into my life. I got a completely random email from him on Friday and after being an ass and assuming the worst of him, found out that his family is relocating back to the area. Since then I’ve been kicking myself for being a jerk because I’m the Annoying Optimist. It’s my job to assume the good in everyone until they prove otherwise. But I’m excited to get to know him & his family and can’t wait for our kids to hang out!

So, that’s about the extent of my life. I make no apologies for not being here for the past month, because I think it was the break that I needed. I’ve got more history to review, if for nothing else than for me to have it written down when I’m 80 so my great-grandkids can find this website and be like “damn, the Glamorous Great-Grandma was COOL!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back, I've missed you.

wow, super happy you found out the thyroid thing that can totally throw you off.

courtney said...

hiiiiiiiiiii carrie! :)