Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hey, remember me?

Remember how I used to, like, blog and stuff? And I used to see y'all out here on the interwebs and it was oh so much fun? Yeah, I do too. But life has interfered with my slacking capabilities as of late, so there has been no time for me to blog. However, I'm feeling somewhat witty today, so I figured I would give a rundown of life to date.

CB's job situation - CB got a new job with the people right here in Podunk. He loves it and they love him. He took a huge paycut, but has been on overtime since he started, and he's not driving 70 miles per day, which means we're actually farther ahead than we would have been had he not lost his job.

My School - Rocks! I've got two A's and a B right now. This is the type of mid-term report that I have not seen since--oh maybe--11th grade. The classes are pretty cool and I'm hoping and praying that I can just be a full time student come Fall.

Weight Loss Challenge - Going pretty OK. Our team is sitting steady at 11th place out of 43 teams, so I'm pretty excited about that. I've only lost 13 pounds, but have gone down two sizes in clothes, so that is awesome. I've had lots of fun buying a few new things--none of them over $20 because I LOVE winter clearance time!!!

Ummm. . .what else? That's pretty much it, I guess. Running the kids from place to place takes up a lot of my time too. CJ is doing basketball (I refrained from bursting into song when he said he wanted to do this.) and loving it (I just may get sports out of this child yet!!!). Diva is doing dance (as am I) and they are both in Scouts. Wanna buy some girl scout cookies???

So, we're pretty much busy every night of the week. Which is good because it's all fun stuff, but there are some days when something gets canceled, and I just want to cry happy tears of joy because I can put on my fabulously comfy sweat pants and stay in my nice warm house. It's been so cold here lately that it is impossible to even go from the house to the car. But yesterday it was gloriously sunny and actually above freezing! Today it's even warmer! Thank the Good Lord that spring is FINALLY on its way!

5 comments:

courtney said...

sigh. spring. YAY!
good to see you back. i was just thinking i missed you!

you told me to keep you updated on my excursions to the cities, so here you go: i'll be home saturday! and leaving again sunday... quick trip. the weekend after that is easter, and i'll be back friday-monday. bringing my friend the caterpillar with me, too. will you be around, mayhaps?

The Ferryman said...

Yay! I remember you!

baseballmom said...

Yay...you're back! Too bad you aren't my neighbors...I bought 25 boxes of cookies from my neighbor girl, 'cause I luv her and she's like the daughter I never had. Plus, we really NEED to eat that many cookies. NOT!

Stephanie said...

Glad to see you're doing well! I've been wondering how you are and if you're finding time to write any! Great job on the 13 pounds, too! I lost 7 before I found out I was pregnant with #3 (yup, 3rd in three years!). So as soon as this little peanut is out, I'm getting the other 20 off! Keep in touch!

tammi said...

Hey, good to see you again!!!! Sounds like you've had an eventful first quarter!! I'm glad to hear about hubby's job situation ~ it's awesome when things work out that way! What are you in school for?